Saturday 21 April 2012

Happy birthday Richard!

Hello.
Today is my cousin's boyfriend's birthday. These are a couple of cards he will be receiving from my family.

The first one is from me and James. I asked James what he thought I should put on the card and he said Batman. I don't own any Batman images, so I just went with the superhero theme instead, and used this Dustin Pike dragon. I coloured his clothes black to represent Batman, and put him over cloudy paper to make his fly. To finish the card off I used a sentiment from Stampology's 'Worth Repeating' set.


The second card will be from my parents. He is seen as a Goth so I chose to use 'Sexy Goth Girl' from Delicious Doodles for his other card. Once I'd coloured the image and cut round it I decided to add gems to two corners. Before I stuck them down I realised it looked like a playing card, so I added his age, to make it look more like one.





5 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow, both cards are fantastic! I"m not a goth person but the second card is outstanding!

Winnie said...

Mary-Kate: Love your birthday cards! He is going to love them. I love the first one where you put the earth behind the superhero..So cool. The second one is just amazing. You have such a great way of coloring and shading your images. She is very sexy to be sure. He will love her.

Marcy said...

Mary-Kate, both cards are awesome!!! The dragon is so fun and I love the stamp you used on the side. I love the goth girl! Your coloring is amazing! What did you use to color her up? I love the way you turned it into a playing card. Very cute! :)

Emkay said...

Thank you! She is coloured using Promarkers. I am hoping to get some Copics so I can try them too, but I want one of the big sets, so it might be a while before I get them.

Lynn McAuley said...

Two fabulous cards, Mary-Kate, but I LOVE that sensational goth girl!!! How awesome!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...