Sunday 13 May 2012

Camper Van

Hello.
I thought I would play with some of my watercolour paper, since I barely use it, so I made my own patterned paper. First I scribbled all over it using five different watercolour pencils, and then swirled them together. Then I stamped the camper van in blue, and stamped over each one in white. The camper van has a heart on it so I filled the gaps in the paper with some embossed hearts using a glitter embossing powder. I really liked how the paper turned out so I didn't want to cover it too much, so I just added some white faux stitching and a sentiment and the card was done.

7 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Watercolour paper is a whole different technique isn't it Mary Kate.
Your card is terrific.

Tammy said...

Great card!

paige said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
paige said...

Let's try that comment again! It looks like you had fun creating the background for this card! So happy you found a way not to cover up all the fun!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love your bold sentiment on top of that wonderful watercolor design! Great card, Mary-Kate!

Margaret said...

what a fun card. Love how you created your b/g paper. Very creative.

Unknown said...

Very cute. Your watercolor technique is great! I can't wait to try it out :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...